The natural harbour is reached over the bay of Having and the Lanckener Beek from the Rügen Bodden. It offers a direct access to the popular sailing grounds of southeast Rügen with its varied coastal scenery. The village looks back proudly on more than 200 years of history. The first sailing ship was already built here in 1782, later the ships of the Seedorf shipyard were sought-after in the entire Baltic. The former small cottages of the fishermen and farmers have been turned into modern holiday accommodation. In down-to-earth restaurants and pubs or in the fish smokehouse you enjoy traditional life of the Bodden today. The summer harbour festivals and the potters‘ market are visited by guests from the entire Isle of Rügen.
Approach to Seedorf
The steep bank of Reddevitzer Höft, approx. 30 m high, can be seen from far away and used as a means of orientation for approaching the Having. Mind the bow nets. When leaving the port in strong westerly winds, rough swells must be expected. A stone reef, located in front of Gobbiner Höft, has not been specifically marked as such. Short cuts are by no means recommended. Modified traffic rules for the Having: Between 16 May and 31 October it is allowed to sail in the Having also outside the waterway up to the 2-m line with a maximum of 5 kn under sails or with an engine.
service and supplies
30 guest berths
20 m to the nearest bus stop
+49 170 57 69 69 4
Excursion tips Seedorf
Bike trails and hiking to “Jagdschloss Granitz”
Ostseebad Sellin with a famous pier